Thursday 21 July 2011

Movie Ramblings: My Thoughts on Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 2

This week I saw the last Harry Potter movie at a afternoon matinee & LOVED IT!

A climactic end of a cinematic story 10 years in the telling.

It resumes right after Part 1 where Harry, Ron, & Hermione (Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, & Emma Watson) continue their mission to destory the rest of the 7 magical Horcruxes that contain the pieces of the soul of the evil Lord Voldemort (played by Ralph Fiennes). This leads the trio back to Hogwarths where Voldemort leads his Death Eaters in an all out siege to kill Harry.

The pacing is great in this movie. The action is heightened with 3-D F/X, the only way to see this movies, so send the extra bucks. There are scenes that are so heart wrenching I saw people in the audience cry (I too almost did).

Ron gets Lucky
People cheered as Ron finally plants a kiss on Hermione.
 
Alan Rickman as Severus Snape
Professor Severus Snape (played by Alan Rickman) emerges as a key player in Harry's fate. Learning of Snape's past, we see someone who sacrifices everything for someone he loves, including his life.

Tom Felton as an older Draco Malfoy
After Harry finally defeats Voldemort in the Epic Battle, we're treated to J.K. Rowling's sweet epilogue were Harry & his friends, much older now, send off their children to Hogwarts from Platform 9 3/4.
I can't remember when I Loved a movie this much. I'm not even a big Harry Potter fan, my wife's the one who drag me kicking & screaming to all these movies.

Thank You Love for doing so.
& Thank You Mr. Potter for a great 10 Years.

Bye Bye Harry & Friends

- Rajadevilman74

No comments:

Post a Comment