Thursday 7 April 2011

Welcome to Raja Devilman74's Ramblings

Hello Bloggers & the World.

For years I've thought about creating my own Blog site, having read many others. Some good, some not so good.

With Raja Devilman74's Ramblings I don't have any one topic I want to focus on this site. Just things I'm interested in or just share thoughts on.

I have a variety of loves & interests which included Old Movies, Musicals, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Horror, Comic Books, Video Games, Animation, History, Classic Pin-Ups, Pro Wresting, & Rock N' Roll.

                                               Wrestling Ramblings: the Return of the Rock

Speaking about Pro Wrestling, any Pro Wrestling fan could tell you that last weekend on April 3, 2011 was WrestleMania XXVII. Hosted by the Most Electrifying Man in All of Entertainment, Dwight "the Rock" Johnson.
The Rock
Although I enjoyed all the matches, but it was the Rock's Star power that made the Event. Even more was the aftermath on Monday Night Raw were John Cena called out the Rock & challenged him to a match. The Rock came out & accepted, but it would only happen a WrestleMania XXVIII. This is the 1st time the WWE has made an official match for WrestleMaina a year in advance. I can see why the WWE did this, it gives the Rock a year the shake the "ring rust" & finish any movies on his schedule. I can wait for the Showdown.


Sting vs. Undertaker
I know that there are few rumors about what kind of matches might appear at this WrestleMania. Like the Dream Match of Sting Vs. the Undertaker being the biggest. Maybe the WWE could make this happen for WrestleMania XXVIII ? One could only hope & dream.


Not to mention the Undertaker's run-in with Brock Lesnar at UFC 121 and the rumors of them having a match a WMXXVII, which would be 'Off-the-Hook'!

I really joy fantasy Dream Matches. As a kid a use to create matches with Wrestlers who never met each in the ring.  I plan to create Dream Match list in future Blogs.


                                Classic Movie Ramblings: Death of a Hollywood Legend

Elizabeth Taylor
Another thing that's been on my mind was the death last month of Golden Age Hollywood Actress Elizabeth Taylor on March 23, 2011 at age 79.

I discover Elizabeth Taylor's movies as child growing up in the 1980s just as Cable TV started getting big & new movie stations took advantage of Hollywood Classic Movies to fill their programing. She starred in a n
number of my favorite films along with some of my favorite actors.


Such as A Place in the Sun (1951) with Montgomery Clift


Giant (1956) with Rock Hudson & James Dean.



Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958) with Paul Newman.

It's not unusual when a famous person passes away that rumors & dirt come out. One such thing was a nude picture that a private collector released of the actress, take when she was 23 as an engagement present for her 3rd husband, Producer Micheal Todd, taken by friend & actor Roddy McDowell (who I remember from the classic Planet of the Apes series).  

23 year old Liz Taylor nude photo


Other topics I planned on are Unmade Movies, Unpublished Comic Books, a Fantasy Dream Movies, Favorite Classic Actors & Actress, Upcoming Movie Projects, Things in History, & anything else that pops in my head.

~Rajadevilman74





No comments:

Post a Comment